Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Little Things Learned

Now that I have lived on my own for about a week now, I think I need to give a shout out to my parents. These are things that I learned from, but didn't realize how grateful I am to know these things until I have had to do them all by myself:
-Learning that even though it is a dishwasher you have to clean the dish before you put it in if you want it to come out clean
-clean up after the dog, then use lysol, don't forget the lysol
-Make your bed first thing in the morning, it helps your day go a little smoother (I don't understand why that is, but my mom always told me that, and its true) Moms are always right
-When doing the wash reds and blacks go together, whites are separate from everything... and don't put any of my clothes in the dryer... this is the way to do laundry people!
-Crock pot dinners... need I say more... they are delicious and easy
-See people as people and not as objects that clutter your world (my dad taught me this one)
-Service is happiness, my mom taught me this through her example
-Tiger Woods is the best... just ask my dad
-Brush your teeth morning and night... hahaha I finally understand why! JK JK, I have always brushed my teeth morning and night
-If it doesn't taste good put ketchup on it (this one I learned from my mom when she was trying to get Landon to eat something new)
-Look at grocery store adds to find the best sales... even if it takes a long time, cuz it ends up being worth it
-Smile, its contagious

And the list goes on and on, but these are just a few that have stood out! Things are good with us, Dixon gets workspace in his office soon, and I'm supposed to be hearing back about a few jobs in the next few days. I think we are going to try yoga tomorrow and I'm sure that will definately need to be blogged about.

5 comments:

kylee said...

oh Shay! how I love you! you are so dear to me.. and your words hold such meaning and truth to them! I love you!

Heather said...

you are so inspiring...i have found many of those things to be so true as well. you have great parents

Anonymous said...

you are just such a married woman! I love it!

Taylor's mom said...

Shaylee I absolutely LOVE you! I'm so happy that you're happy. It show through your voice and words. Dixon is a lucky man and it also means he's doing something right with you and that is a great thing.
Parents are the best things in the world and it never stops how much they continue to teach you. Just wait until a little one comes along the way. I and truely mean WAIT. You have time but being a parent is next to heaven! I could not ask for anything better. The love you have for Dixon with quadruple when a little one is in your life and he will feel the same way. I can't explain it, you'll just have to see...not for a long time though!!! Ü j/k
Lots of love.

heidi said...

Oh Shaylee! I love your blog and I love hearing about your life as a cute new wife! You are so fabulous!