Hello Hello, so people have been trying to get me to make a blog for the longest time now, and now that I'm married I figured it would be a good time to make one for the two of us so you guys can be updated on everything that happens in our newlywed lives. Our wedding day was more than a dream comke true... I mean it was better than my imagination could have ever come up with.. and ask Dixon, I have a BIG imagination, so thats saying something!
Simply put, I had a fairytale wedding... Once upon a time, We had so much help and support from our parents, I can honestly say we could not have done it without them! Our colors were fun because orange is my favorite color and rebel red is Dixon's favorite color, so we each got our favorites!
I think the thing that was most fun was smearing cake all over Dixon's face! When it was time to cut the cake he looked at me and said "this is going in your face" and so I made sure to get it all over his face before he got mine! I wanted to lick it off his face, I mean afterall, we're married right, there are no limits! hahaha
My cousins and the flower girls all helped decorate our truck, it was covered in oreos and gum drops, and considering the fact that we had all this delicious food at our reception and no time to eat it, they looked extra tasty! But a bride licking things off a truck might not be the cutest picture!
Our photographer made me look like a model... I could't be happier with our pictures! In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, we look HOT! Dixon picked out the tuxes, and I had my concerns, but they looked so sharp and the shoes were awesome too! And after looking and contemplating brides maids and flower girls dresses for roughly 80 hours or more, I'm so happy with the ones I chose (even though the brides maids were flashing people because of the wind with their dresses.. thanks for being good sports guys) everyone looked amazing! My mom didn't ever think she would wear black to my wedding, but she looked fantastic as well, her and Carolyn should have been bridesmaids because they both look so young and cute!
Our wedding dance was to the song "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" and little did you know, but me and Dixon are singers, well we try to be, but we sang the whole song to each other while dancing. As I like to say, It was Tender!
The neatest thing about our wedding though, was simply this: it rained and rained the week of our wedding, and for our wedding day it was sunny and beautiful and the next day it poured rain... we must be doing something right because we were so blessed with such a beautiful day!
The other thing that was so special was that grandpa dixon got to seal us in the bountiful temple!
.....And we are living happily ever after:)
3 comments:
Glad you guys finally have a blog! We had fun at your wedding.
ACR
Shay, can I just say.. I love how you write just like you talk:) it makes me feel like you aren't four hours away! I love it! And I love you guys!:)
oh my heck! I agree with Ky! I hope you two are doing well!!
Post a Comment