Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling a Bit Ambitious

Yesterday, I decided to go to a yoga class, now keep in mind that I have never really done a yoga class, but I was feeling ambitious, so I thought I would try it. To my dismay, when I got there the yoga teacher was absent, so I did the Sculpt and Stretch class instead. Its amazing that you can sculpt your body without using weights, I woke up this morning and can barely walk... it was one of those moments that I thought to myself "self, what on earth were you thinking????"
i was Dixon'a first day in his new office, so I got up early with him this morning. So after rolling out of bed and painfully walking into the kitchen to get breakfast, I was feeling ambitious once again and decided to go to the cardio pump class at nine. I didn't think I was too crazy, I mean, I excercise hard core at least five times a week... this class shouldn't be that hard. Well, for those of you who have never been to a cardio class... it kicks your butt... there are so many jumps, jumps with weights, squats, man it is quite the workout. I suddenly have a newfound respect for those who do these things every day. So my ambitious self walks into the class, finds a spot in the middle of the back half next to an old grandma. Well, come to find out, that old grandma kicked my butt... I was out of breath and wanted to die after just 35 minutes, and she was just barely warming up: lesson learned, don't sell the grandmas short.
So after about 40 minutes I had to let go of my pride and walk out... some of you may call this quitting, but I call this knowing when to step down. I can assure you that I will be going back to that class again just as soon as I master my at home dvd aerobics (this way I can stop when I want and not feel absolutely humiliated that I'm the one that can't keep up).
So its back to jogging, biking, and abs by myself for a while... hahaha I think it may be a while before I'm feeling ambitious again.

1 comment:

liNdsEYloO said...

ooOOOo i'm so jealous! i love that feeling of soreness all over bc you worked your body over right! :) love it.