Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Siddle Sue




My little Syd is seven years old as of last week! For those of you who don't know, Syd is my bud. We just have a special connection... she can always sense when I'm sad or discouraged and gives me a kiss on the cheek for encouragement. She has a paper with my phone number and address on it that she keeps by her bed so she can call or write me any time, and each time she see's me or calls me the first thing she says is.. "SHAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!" I learn so much from her. About two weeks before me and Dixon got married, I was tuckin her in and she wanted me to lay with her, so I did and as I was layin there, she started crying because "I'll still get to see you, but I won't get to see you that often!" She has such a tender heart, and is always thinking of other people! One night two years ago I was tuckin her in and she looks at me and says "Shaylee, I am a child of a loving Heavenly Father, and he loves you too!" She always asked for me to tuck her in from the time she was little. We love to go get ice cream together and rent a movie of her choice! She is a burst of sunshine, and she is always helpin me put things into perspective! I think my favorite memory with Syd is when we were sittin at the dinner table and my brother says "Mom, this butter tastes funny," and Lyndee says, "Its because mom bought light butter," and Syd tops it off and says "Ya, we don't like butter light, we like butter dark!" Hahahaha good times! Happy Late Birthday Syd, I love you!

No comments: