Dear Friends
-Today I got to teach Relief Society. Despite the fact that everyone is either pregnant and complaining about being hot or cold, or has crying babies, the lesson went well. I think I learned more than they did by preparing the lesson, but honestly, thats why I love teaching... I learn so much!
-We got to attend the retirement home sacrament meeting today and met a lady named Ruth who is 99 years old. What a trooper. My favorite thing about attending their meeting is when they sing... keep in mind that they are totally off key, but they all sing with their whole heart, and the spirit is so strong. One of my favorite things is talking to elderly people and listening to their stories... they have so many to share.
-I am really enjoying work at Payless... other than the fact that whatever time it says I'm done, I'm actually done about 45 minutes later. For example, my schedule always says I get off at 9:15, but I don't get home until 10:00. But the girls I work with there are some of the most positive people I have ever met.
-My mom starts teaching first grade tomorrow... I have the butterflies for her. I'm so proud of her, she's worked so hard to get to where she's at. One of the things I admire about my mom is that she is a HARD worker, and anything she sets her mind to she can do... including fixing the toilet, car, paper cuts, etc. I know that she will do amazing, she has such amazing patience, and such love for people, that I don't worry for her, I am so excited for the lives that she will touch, because she has touched mine in more ways than she will ever know.
-Lyndee starts highschool tomorrow, I'm so proud of her, she has been waiting until she is 16 to have a boyfriend, and I know it hasn't been easy. She is such a great example to me, and she's hillarious, its always so fun catching up with her. Ken is not so little anymore she is going to 6 grade, Landon will be in 4th, and Little syd is going into second! They grow up so fast!
-Ky started school last week, and is on the leadership team, I'm sure she does amazing, and she is a mentor. I don't know anyone that could ask for a better mentor. She is my mentor, and she's not even paid to do it!
-We cleaned our carpets yesterday... o my, they look FANTASTIC!! And it helped make our house smell so good... that is until we had an incident with Lyla this morning, but I won't go into details on that!
-Dixon put together our dresser! It looks so good! I am still in awe that he can look at a piece of paper and then put all the pieces together, and make it look good! He's amazing
-If you need a really really yummy crockpot recipe, we have it!
-Dixon's cousin, Jordan, is now living here in Cedar, and its so fun to see a familiar face! We had him over for dinner today, and it is so fun to get to know him better!
-I personally am all sorts of nervous for school to start... I feel so inadequate, but I can do it, I can I can.
-I got my ipod up and running that I got for my birthday, and I didn't realize how much I missed my music until I was listening to it!
-I am so glad that I'm married and not living in dorms. It was so fun my first year... so fun, but I am loving loving married life and having our own space!
-I can't believe the Olympics are over... its kinda sad... Dixon has made me a big fan of the Olympics... I am well rounded in the events that I have watched! I even watched the ladies marathon that was on prime time and lasted two hours (whats up with showing a marathon prime time... someone please enlighten me.)
-Dixon told me today that a white automobile of any kind is cheaper than any other color... for example, a white tundra is cheaper than Dixon's red tundra (someone please enlighten me on this also!)
-Fiber One granola bars are fabulous... you can't even taste the fiber... o my they are so good... I've been craving them lately!
-Call us nerds, but we totally love looking at all the grocery sale adds and searching for the best deals every week! Right now grapes at Smiths are 10 for 10!
-I miss yoga
The end.
4 comments:
I miss Jordan! Waaaahhhh :(
WOW!!! What was a very long thoughtful postÜ
Good job.
You're mom is going to do great. I know she's been looking forward to this for awhile and who better to start doing it with than Jennifer.
By the way-tell Dixon that as far as VALUE goes when dealing with cars, a white and any other color are the same. For example-if I had the VIN# to both his and a white one, the color would not play a factor in the value, as long as everything else was the same too. NOW-there might be a difference when it comes to insuring these differences because one is more "flashy" than the other and at high risk of being stolen or damaged. But as far as "worth" more, not ture...at least from a lenders point of view! Ü
Hope that helps...I have no answers on the prime time issue, I don't watch TV but I agree with you on that!
hahaha.. oh Shay, how I have missed you! I bet your Relief Society lesson went amazing! and I am so happy you got your carpets cleaned..=) haha.. you just made my day, I love your insightful writings.. and how you are just you! love you
How about you come to LV and we'll do yoga together!?!? I can't seem to find anyone that's even interested! And I think you will do great at school. You are extremely bright and extremely friendly so you'll be FINE! ***And go ahead and send me your yummy crock pot recipe any time. :)
Post a Comment