On Sunday Shay and I drove up to Salt Lake to celebrate her birthday with her family and for her birthday present from me and my mom.
We had a great time on Sunday night with her family, including Grandma and Grandpa Silcox and Grandma Kathy. She got a new iPod and some running shoes for her birthday, which she was very excited about. We had a big sunday dinner, then I made fried oreos for everyone. Definitely a fun day!
Monday, I went with Shay and her sister Lyndee to The Gateway for a bit. We had a good time, and both girls got some good looking clothes. After that, we went home to prepare for the main event.
A few months ago, my mom and I got tickets for me, Shay, her and my Dad to see Jack Johnson at USANA Amphitheater in West Valley. All of us were very excited for it, and it totally lived up to our expectations. Since it was a two lane road all the way to the venue, we missed the opening band. We arrived right as the sun was going down and the second opener, Rogue Wave, was starting. Shay and I enjoyed the Rogue Wave set, but were anxiously awaiting Jack himself.
He played for about an hour and a half, covering everything from early hits to his newest cd. The only song we were disappointed not to hear was "Angel." It was a beautiful night to sit under the stars and listen to live music, especially from someone as talented as Jack Johnson. USANA was a great place for a concert and I would recommend it to anyone!
We got home on tuesday afternoon and immediately got right back into the swing of things. Shay has closed at Payless for the last two nights, and will close again tonight. She is such a trooper! We had a great time being able to spend time with both sides of the family, which rarely happens!
1 comment:
HOMEMADE FRIED OREOS AND JACK JOHNSON'S CONCERT UNDER THE STARS!?!?!? I'm sad I didn't take up my little bro on going to that concert w/him! Glad you two enjoyed it. Why don't we rally for him to come to LV and do it at Mandalay Beach? Not quite like the beach, but almost. :)
Post a Comment