Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Ky



I have come to the conclusion that I miss Kylee! I won't get to see her till Labor Day, and right now that seems like an eternity away! We have done everything together, we took our first steps together, we had our own baby language, we got in trouble together, we got baptized together, we had our big 16 together, we graduated together, and we always had each other through everything. Its weird not having her by my side. Granted, we have been at two different schools for the past year, but that weird feeling just doesn't go away... she's a part of me, in a way she's helped mold me into the person I have become! Its funny, because sometimes all I need is to just talk to her, even just knowing she's on the other end of the phone is like a warm hug sometimes!


We have shared so many moments:

-She's rocked me in her arms when I couldn't stop crying one night (this was when I was 17)

-She stayed home with me when I didn't want to go out to play

-She went shopping with me, even though when I went shopping I would always come home crying

-We have a special voice that we talk to each other in, that noone besides immediate family has ever heard me talk in

-We would swing on swings in the winter with our coats on and our hands freezing eating a frostee

-She would always invite me to come along with her friends... she was never embarrassed by me

-I would bring her jamba juices to her work and we would talk while she was on break

-At family parties... we were always the oldest, but never old enough to be with the "grown-ups" so we would sit and talk with each other, or find fun things to do with the little cousins

-We would stay up till two in the mornings on weekends watching Full House, Gilmore Girls, or a chick flik of some sort... Ky would always fall asleep

-We got to go to our first homecoming dance in the same group

-Ky was always scared that she would get kidnapped, and one night I tripped over a bag in the middle of our room and she thought I was trying to kidnap her...

-She body slammed me when Santa Clause was at our house (I think this was the first Time Dixon ever met my family, I was so embarrased)

-We have shared a room up until college, and every night we would talk and talk and talk and talk and the next day we would be so tired... but we never learned cuz every night we would talk and talk and talk and talk

-One time, the family all got in the car and drove over to the pool and I noticed Ky wasn't in the car but I didn't say anything, and I thought I was pretty funny. When we got to the pool and my dad noticed Ky wasn't there, we drove back and she was crying in the driveway... I felt so bad... I never did that ever again

-One Sunday me and Ky were playing with our new Razor scooter and she fell off and chipped her tooth... I got in trouble... everyone thought I pushed her down, but I promise I didn't

-I still to this day call her "my ky"


To sum it up, we've had some good times! She holds such a special place in my heart. Her testimony is rock solid and she is always trying to do her best and make everybody feel so special. She has such a sweet innocence about her, that most people will never have. She is a light to everyone and always has something to say that will lift and inspire them. She's one of my many heros... and I love her so!

4 comments:

Taylor's mom said...

Great tribute to your sister and best friend. It was really fun to read and nice that I knew most of what you were talking about.
Cute pictures too! And you DO have cute feet...so do I. I've always liked my feet!
Love you

Heather said...

oh that was beautiful. i know exactly how you feel. heidi is totally my better half and i cant imagine not talking to her at least 3 times a day even when we are apart!!

{lauren} said...

shay! it was so good to talk to you today! im glad you love your sister, it could be awkward if you didnt :) hope youre having a super time with your life!

Jess said...

awwww this made me smile :-) let's do something when I come into Cedar!