Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our weekend apart:(

Dixon comes home TODAY!!!!!

Hip hip!

Ok, let me give you a little idea of what its like to not have Dixon here, and having to be by myself. I got so scared at night, that I brought Lyla's kennel in our room so she could protect me. She looks especially ferrocious with that cone on her head... I'm sure she would do a great job protecting me (note the hint of sarcasm). She whined all night, because she wanted to be up on the bed with me, but ya know, I don't want to start that trend, it might get old really fast having her sleep with us.
I woke up routinely at two in the morning, turned on my lamp, walked around the house checking that the doors were still locked, then turned on the TV and watched it till five because I was so scared I (thank you reruns of Home Improvement for getting me through those lonely hours). It seriously was a long weekend. Basically, I'm a whimp... a BIG whimp.
So, my love gets home tonight, and I am so excited to get a good sleep! But before I get a good sleep, I'm so excited to hug him and be with him, and look at pictures, and hear all his stories of New York! Only a few more hours to go... I can do it!!
This is the first time that we have been away for more than a day, and I have missed my best friend. I've missed his smile, his laugh, the way he makes me laugh, his positive attitude, waking up next to him every morning, tickle fights, eating dinner together, having someone to come home to from work, his uplifting compliments, and just him! I love him so much... I'm so glad he's coming home!!!!!

Happy Dance!

2 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Hi Shaylee,

I completely understand how you feel. I have always been a basket case when Kevin is gone, and it hasn't changed in seven and a half years. It is the best blessing ever to marry your best friend. And I'm glad he's home.

Erin (Dixon's cousin)

kylee said...

Shay! I loved talking with you this weekend.. honestly you are just the bestest shay a ky could ever ask for :) I love you sweet sister!