

Growing up, I always thought it was so cool that my parents were only a week apart... I thought it was a sure sign of fate that they were supposed to be together! They each also have three girls in their family and one boy, another sure sign, but thats beside the point!
I guess I'll start with my mom since her's was yesterday! I feel so blessed to have the mom that I have! She is the kind of person that is always serving others. Growing up, I remember her always finding ways to serve our neighbors... she is such a great example to me. We have been best friends through thick and thin. Some fun memories that I share with my mom include:
-weeding together
-Dancing to That Thing You Do, while taking homework breaks
-Coming home from school and always having someone to talk to
-Laying on the end of her bed till late hours of the night and talking and laughing together
-She would leave me little notes in random places to remind me that she loved me
-Her doing cheers in the kitchen while waiting for dinner to be done
-Her never ending encouragement through each challenge and success I have been through
-She made me ditch calculus to go to lunch with her... it was totally worth it
-Taking me to the library the night before advanced theater auditions and making me get a monologue memorized, when I had gived up on the idea of trying out
-Watching Opra together
We have had some good times. I am so blessed to call her my best friend. She is one of the most positive people, and has such a fun sense of humor! I am so lucky to be blessed with her in my life! I love you mom! Happy Birthday!
Now for my dad. His birthday was on the 17. My dad is an amazing man, he has been through so much, and has learned from it all. He is a man of wisdom, he always views every situation through both points of view, and he is such a great dad to all his daughters. Some fun memories that I have with my dad include:
-Him getting down on one knee and asking me to accept my promise ring
-Him singin to the radio on long car drives
-Helping me with every paper I have ever written
-Brainstorming my oratory
-Having him in every audience that I have ever performed for
-Helping him learn how to text
-His to die for cookies... mmmmm
-Leaving me notes of encouragement stuck in the door, so when I came home late from rehearsals I would find it
O my, me and my dad have such a special bond. I can talk to him about anything, and its not weird. He is such a strength in my life and has helped me so much in becoming the person that I am today! I love you Dad, Happy Birthday.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Rob and Becky!! You do have wonderful parents. I love them and admire them too
Shay,
That was so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes. Your parents are wonderful people and they have wonderful kids. I count your mom as one of my best friends, even if we don't see eachother very often. She is an inspiration to me always. Thanks for sharing that beautiful tribute.
Shay! you beat me to it :) We are so lucky to have such good parents! I love you Shay
Post a Comment