I just want to take a minute to write about one of my heros. We all have a hero...someone that inspires us to be better, someone that is almost perfect in our eyes, someone that we admire and someone whom we would like to emulate. One of my heros is my Grandma Kathy. She has helped me through so much, and we have such a special bond. She is one of the most amazing women that I have ever met.
I admire everything about her, but I want to mention things in specific:
-She meets every challenge with a sense of humor, when your with her you can expect to laugh
- She is the most selfless person I know, I don't think I have ever heard her feel sorry for herself...ever.
- She is the best listener. She lets anyone talk on and on and she will just listen, she isn't critical, just understanding, and she offers her love and support
- She looks at her trials as blessing, and she has many of them, as we all do, but to her, they are all blessings
-She has a way of making everyone feel special
-She is such a hard worker, for a while she would teach school in the day and then work at her favorite store Christopher and Banks at night
-When she is at a party, she makes sure she talks to everyone, and makes them feel important
-She loves her kids and grandkids and loves to find ways to show us she loves us. Growing up we would get surprise valentine gifts on our doorstep and Grandma would come out and say "Surprise!"
-She is fashionable and always looks so stinkin cute... and helps me look cute and stylin also!
-She knows that her Heavenly Father loves her, and everyone is a child of god in her eyes.
-She has taught me to love everyone...not necessarily love everything they do, but love them as a person
-She makes the BEST macaroni salad ever. period.
I have just been thinkin a lot about her lately. She just recently found out that she has cancer, and yet she still has a smile on her face and finds humor in the situation. I am having a hard time with it, but I will try to go about it with the same attitude that she has. It hurts my heart that she has to meet this challenge. I continue to learn from her each day by her example. I just love her so much, I can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to have such an amazing example in my life. She has helped shape and mold me into the person I am. I can't thank my Father in Heaven enough for this best friend of mine! Thank you grandma for being my hero, my best friend, and my confidante! I love you!
3 comments:
i am so sorry to hear that your grandma has cancer. My grandpa is fighting his cancer right now too and it is so hard for sure. Faith and prayers are the key!! Let me know if you need to talk b/c im in the same boat!!
Shay! You took the words right out of my mouth. I love you!
Oh Shaylee, how truly inspiring you are! I have to tell you I instantly started to cry, and I'm not talking a little tear, I'm talking full blown water works flowing. THANK YOU for paying tribute to my mom, your grandma and our friend! I love her so much and it hurts my heart to that she's going through this! We have a strong family and can help her each step of the way.
I love you! I love your way with words and acts of kindness. I love that you LOVE!
Post a Comment