Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"...Remember that we love you"

Syd 9, Landon 11 3/4, Lyndee 17 5/6, Ky 21, Sawyer 1 week, Me, Kenadee 14, Mom 26 :), Dad
A week after Sawyer was born, my family came down to meet the little guy! It was a tender meeting to say the least! Dixon and I were so grateful for their effort to get down here, especially with Christmas just around the corner! I was very emotional that weekend, it was bitter sweet to have my family there, knowing that they would only be there a day or so, and that the next time they got to see my son he would be more than a month old and all filled out.

My mom knew that I was having a bit of a hard time... so being her thoughtful self, she came up with a plan! She wrote all these cute notes (see picture above) and hid them all throughout my house, so that as i was doing things in my daily routine, I would know that they were thinking of me. I still am coming across these cute notes and it's been over two weeks since they have been here. This is where I found them and what they have said:

1. We <3 U. Found in the Cracker jar
2. "Every Kiss Begins With Shay"(inside joke). Found in my makeup bag
3. "Vroom Vroom, lets go for a car ride." Found in Sawyer's carseat
4. Smile. Found in my laundry basket
5. "Merry Christmas, we love you." Found in my tree when I was taking it down
6. "S is for smiley, H is for happy, A is for amazing, Y is for yawns! Happy Sleeping!" Found in my bed. (I think this one might be my favorite one!)
7. "Flying saucers to the rescue" (inside joke). Found in all my nursing stuff
8. "Stash the cash and buy a treat, we love you!" Found in my wallett
9. "Yay yay yay for shay! My shay sister is amazing!" (Lyndee calls me her Shay Sister). Found in my underwear drawer!
10. "Here's a mint the snowman is smiling!! Hugs... Found in my snowman m&m jar
11. "What a cute little monkey!" Found in Sawyer's crib
12. "We love the little guy!" Found in my Q-tip jar
13. "Sunshine Shay" Found in the box with the replaceable water filters
14. "A chocolate a day keeps the orneries away." Found in the freezer by my dove chocolates
15. "We are just a phone call away!" Found in between my phone and it's case

... And I'm still finding them! I've loved finding all these notes, a lot of the time, I keep them hidden in their spot, so I come accross them again and again!

I'm so grateful to have such a thoughtful mom, who knows me so well, and knows exactly what I need in order to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing mom, but I must have done something right! I hope that i can be half as amazing as my mom is!


No comments: