It's been an emotional week. My second mom when I was growing up, Pam, passed away over the weekend at the age of 38 after a long battle with cervical cancer. She still has two kids in elementary school, and one in Jr. High, one in highschool. My heart just hurts for those kids!
Pam and my mom were always good friends, and when we lived in California...away from family... she was always over, and we would always go over to her house and she would babysit us and take us fun places. We went to her house when there was a big flood and we couldn't get home... i got really bad hives because I was so scared. Her parents were my grandparents: they had a pool in their backyard and we would always go over there and swim. And I would play grocery store in their pantry. When we moved to Layton, UT, she moved to Layton too. As I got older I would babysit her kids. She let us stay at her house when Kenadee was being born, and she was the one that woke me up the next morning to tell me I had a new sister named Kenadee (and I thought that was the uggliest name, I thought Pam was making it up. I love the name now though). One day she went and got a lot of canvas and had all of us kids paint our favorite flowers on it and then she hung it up in her kitchen. She always loved animals, and I always thought it was so funny that she had a dog named Kylee. I remember that she would always make Mac n Cheese with hotdogs (which I never did get used to). She's really did help raise me.. a lot of my childhood memories involve Pam.
Especially at this time, I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we can see our loved ones again. With the passing of Dixon's Gram, and Pam this week, it's caused me to really reflect. I just feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has blessed me with people in my life, I learn from them constantly, simply by their examples... they lift and inspire me and help me to be a better person. I truly do feel so blessed to have gotten to know these two wonderful people. They have both inspired me, have been examples to me, have helped me to be a better person, and have taught me how to have fun! I am so excited to get to see them again, and to smile and laugh with them again.
1 comment:
Shay-- its nice that we have the knowledge of the gospel for sure! I'm glad I found your blog! Its way cute! Hope everything else is going good in your life! :)
Post a Comment