Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SLIP!



It happened on Monday. It was snowing like crazy and it was FREEZING cold, so naturally the sidewalks and roads were very slippery. Fortunately, I observed this as I was walking all around campus (and when I say all around campus, I mean all around campus...I'm going to be in good shape at the end of this semester) and told myself many times "be careful, walk slow, it's ok if your late to your class, be careful, walk slow." I admit it, I talk to myself, I kind of have to...it keeps me in check. I had done well all day and was pretty proud of myself, I was even thinking of rewarding myself with something yummy like hot chocolate... but alas, I spoke to soon! I was walking to my car after a long day of five classes, and I was freezing, and all I wanted to do was get into my car so I could maybe defrost my body. My car was within probably fifty feet, I was counting myself pretty lucky to have avoided all the slipping opportunities, and then before I knew it, my whole body was in the air horizontally and I landed flat on my back and my head hit the ice hard.... All I wanted to do was lay there and cry, but once again, I started talking to myself: "you're ok, get up before a car hits you, you're ok, get up before a car hits you." And so I did, I have battle wounds (bruises) on my arms, legs, butt, and I think I may have done something to my brain... I just haven't been feeling as smart as usual;)

Usually every year I have one big slip... but only one. So I'm hoping I got it out of my system, because that was a huge slip and I don't really want to do it again this year! Be careful out there...its icy!

1 comment:

kylee said...

oh my! Shay! I did that four times in the past week! man.. tis the season to slip on ice :) I love how I can picture the whole event just by how you write! I love you!