1. We went to the Shania Twain concert for my birthday and got our tickets upgraded to practically the front row. Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous, I've been a fan of hers since I was in elementary school. Seeing her on stage was so much fun. Of course no pictures were taken to document this experiment.
2. We went to the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert. I touched Tim's hand. I touched his hand. I touched his hand... Did you see that I touched his hand. This concert was so fun because it was such an intimate setting and they really involved the audience.

3. Sawyer was so not ok with Santa. We waited in line for all of 45 minutes at our ward Christmas party to get a picture with Mr Claus, and Sawyer was not ok. He needed his mama, he needed his daddy, and he did not need this stranger that everyone is so excited about.

4. We've been celebrating our cool weather appropriately by dressing in some handsome winter clothes. I can't stand it when he looks like a little man

I go a little picture crazy when he's looking all stylish and he gives me looks like this:

5. We've been going to lots of Rebel games. Sawyer loves them. He loves the fireworks and says "boo" when they miss a shot and "whoo hoo" when they make a basket. He also enjoys his pb&j sandwiches during the games.

6. Grandma Kathy gave us this fun gingerbread tree set, and we had a fun family night setting that up! My boys especially lived the candy. Sawyer will do just about anything to get a mint m&m. Those are his absolute favorite. Like mama like son?!


7. On the Sunday before Christmas we went and saw Dixon's grandma and Grandpa. They gave Sawyer a fire truck. My boy has been in heaven. In the clouds. I can't seem to get his attention when he's playing with that toy!

Christmas Eve is just as important to me as Christmas day... If not, more. I have such fond memories of going to my Aunt Marie's house and being with my extended family. And on our drive home we would always look for Rudoph's nose, and Dad always seemed to find it for us. I loved leaving a note with cookies and milk and carrots for the reindeer and that feeling of excitement so strong you don't want to sleep. This Christmas we stayed close to home. We went to the Leavitts for Christmas Eve and had the traditional prime rib with yummy nummy sides. We played family games together and exchanged Jammies. We felt the spirit together and listed to the story of our Savior's birth. We were in the company of family, and it truly was a magical night. We came home and took Sawyer to bed and got to work being Santa's elves, putting together a big boy car and filling stockings. I was so excited for him to wake up, I was up and got ready at 6:15 am.

We woke him up at 7:30 because we were going to Skype with Elder Chase at 9:00, and wanted him to have time to open his gifts. The traditional "waiting on the stairs" picture. Its tradition at my house to wait on the stairs while dad goes downstairs to check everything out.

He was beyond excited to see this car waiting for him, he loves it. He lovingly refers to it as "new vroom."

On our way to Skype with Elder Chase. He was so happy that morning. I wish I could have frozen time just a Little bit that morning. This age was so magical this Christmas.


We had a lovely day. We went and saw Les Miserables. I'm in love with that musical. I have been ever since I saw a high school production of it my Jr. Year. I love the music, it speaks to my soul, and makes me feel something that can rarely be expressed in words. It is so moving. Sawyer was so excited to get home and play with all his new cars, and this is what entertained him for the rest of the night:

The piano keys are like the parking stalls for all the vehicles. I am finding cars lined up more and more. Sometimes by color, other times by shape and I love it. It brings back so many memories of when My little brother, Landon, was that age. My how time flies.

No comments:
Post a Comment