Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A year in review

When I look back at this past year my heart swells with gratitude at all the adventures we were able to have. We've been to the beach three times, made it to Disneyland two times, went up to Brianhead for a weekend, and have made a few trips to Utah. We've spent time as our little family making lots of memories and starting new traditions. We have had our challenges that we have learned and grown from. This past year has really stretched me and helped to push me outside my comfort zones. We have made new friends along the way and have enjoyed serving in our callings as ward missionary and activity days leader. We have watched our sweet baby boy grow into a curious toddler that has such a big heart. I've overcome a surgery that hopefully will help my body to be stronger and healthier. We have attended concerts featuring Jacky's mannequin, shania twain and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. We celebrated a happy 4 years of marriage by going on a mini vaca at the strip. We went on our first spontaneous trip as a family, that hopefully is the start of many more spontaneous trips. Sawyer and I spent two full weeks in Utah with my family this summer, where I learned that quality time is more important than quantity of time. We've cheered sisters on in dance, soccer, and volleyball. We have come to love our Savior more, and have enjoyed having Family Home Evenings every Monday. I ran my first half marathon and learned so much about myself in training and running it. It truly has been a remarkable year. As I set out to greet 2013, I hope to enjoy the moments a little more, exercise more patience with myself, and serve a little more. I'm so grateful for this journey and for the many people I get to experience this journey with.

I'll leave you with a few(ok a lot) of my favorite pictures from this past year.































































No comments: