Oh where do I begin with the ocean. Something about the sound of the waves and the salty air that soothes my spirit and helps me to see things in a bigger picture. It was beautiful there, partly cloudy and a little cold... But beautiful nonetheless. And my sweet Sawyer loved the ocean. He would have swam in it if I would have let him.

We walked the boardwalk at Venice beach and I saw Muscle beach for my first time. Sawyer loved the swings there, and we let him swing his little heart out. I love how it's always the little things that bring him so much joy.




I love that my hand is enough for him. He holds tight and knows that all will be ok if he just holds on tight.

I let him get his pants wet and feet dirty and didn't think twice about it... That's what you do on spontaneous trips.


One of my most favorite pictures. My two boys and the ocean, what else do you need?



This morning we went and saw the LA temple. Oh my goodness, it is breathtaking. And if only you could smell it there, the grounds smelled so good with all the beautiful flowers there. It's too bad it was Sunday, I would have loved to go inside!


We ended our trip with a visit to the Santa Monica pier, where Sawyer was in heaven riding the "lellow vroom."


My spirits have been lifted, I feel a little bit stronger and am now ready to face this New Year. The ocean has healing powers.
More on our Christmas festivities tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment