Thursday, July 19, 2012

Surprise of a lifetime

Monday night I was sitting on the couch, putting my feet up after a long day at work when we got a knock at the door. I thought for sure it was the missionaries, because they alway knock, so I ran upstairs cuz I was in my pjs. I sat at the top of the stairs peaking around the corner as Dixon opened the door to a big loud "SURPRISE!" to me and Dixon's amazement on my front porch stood my mom, ky, and syd. I sobbed so hard, tears of happiness/ shock/ excitement. They had told no one. It was a top secret mission: surprise the poop out of Shaylee. It worked.


There is something about these people that bring such happiness to my heart! They laugh out loud at the cheesy stuff like my jokes. That's true love right there.


Sawyer loved his grandma Beck and his aunts! He had them wrapped around the finger in a matter of .5 seconds!


People say we look alike, and I take that as the queen of compliments. My mom is gorgeous, and hilarious too.


Siddle brought all her nail polishes and gave me a pedicure of teal toes. This girl can kick some booty in the soccer division, and lyla is pretty darn fond of her!


And ky! This girl is officially a third grade teacher. How lucky are those kids to get such a sweet teacher. Ky has the biggest heart, and is so quick to think about others. I aspire to be more like her!

What did we three girls and handsome dude do for two days you ask?
We ate at Red Velvet, got large coke zeros(my new favorite thing), shopped the outlets, petted some brand new puppies, chatted each others heads off, hit up target, and made lots of fun memories!
Thanks for the wonderful surprise, dont know how I'll go about repaying you! Until then, my door is always open and welcomes those surprises any and everyday!

2 comments:

becky said...

It is fun to relive the surprise!! I love to share your life....oh wait...I just love YOU, and Sawyer, and Dixon!!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!