Today you get a picture overload of the beach. Like I said its my happy place. Tomorrow will be some Disney.

I love my sweet little family.




He played in the sand forever. He just didn't like his hands dirty.


I love this guy with my whole heart.

Sawyer and his "bompa"



Ever wonder what ocean water tastes like?

His face says it all. It tastes salty!

Lovin me some sun with my boy! Oh my heart is so happy! Summer is not complete without some kind of trip to the ocean. I went on a walk Friday morning. Along the coast, just sawyer and I. We wondered a little ways before I stopped the stroller and kneeled down to face my boy and said "sawyer do you want to go swimming!" He lives swimming and got all excited saying "wimmeen!" over and over. I took off my tennis shoes, peeled off my socks, and took sawyer in his white onesie and puffy morning eyes to sink our feet in the sand and dance in the waves! It was spontaneous. I usually don't like to put sandy feet in socks inside tennis shoes, but Friday morning my heart was happy, and I was craving some spontenuity. We walked the pier towards Ruby's and enjoyed people watching. And on our way back we took a slightly different route that led us to a swingset right there on the beach. And you bet I put the brakes on that stroller and picked my excited little up and plopped him in the swing, making sure he was swinging towards the ocean, so e could maybe feel like he was flying over it. Maybe I wanted to feel like I was flying over it, but the big kid swings were taken. But my boy enjoyed that swing ride even more than normal swing rides(it's probably just in my head though)! That walk was right what I needed. My body and soul had been craving it and I didn't even know it.
And that my friends, is why the beach is my happy place.
No comments:
Post a Comment