Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Reunion Adventures

I so enjoyed the Dixon family reunion and gettin I know the heritage of the family my husband is so lovingly named after! We stayed at a lodge in Brianhead and were entertained with so many fun activities! My heart was so incredibly happy to breath in that crisp, cool air. My eyes were happy to see so much beauty in the trees and wildflowers and mountains. The mountains recharge my spirits in a way that no where else can. My testimony Is always strengthened when I am in the mountains as I enjoy Heavenly Father's creations all around me. And my Soy Boy. Oh my boy he loved himself some dirt and mountains and playing with the balls and cousins!


Here he is getting his helmet on for his horse ride!


We rode the horse together for 10 minutes. First time on a horse for both of us!


Meet my horse, chief. He was so good to me, other than the fact he kept stopping to eat, we enjoyed our ride together. I suddenly understand why people love to ride a horse, it's kind of liberating.





We zip lined. Ive only done this one other time. I'm not a fan of heights. I try to tough it out. But I'm not a fan. But I did it! And I had a blast, it was a huge rush of adrenaline!





We made sure to drink lots of water because grandma Carolyn did not want us to get altitude sickness.


Dixon and Wade talked Alyssa and I into going mountain biking for 14 miles. Sisterly bonding for life. That was the hardest thing I have ever done. Mentally and physically. The views were so incredibly worth it though!


I took a pretty nasty fall towards the first of the ride, and all I could hear in my head were my sweet parents telling me to "get back up and try again." It made me so grateful I have parents who taught me to not give up and instilled in me a determination To finish what I start. I hope to be able to teach my children that.


We took many breaks that looked like this. And all I could think about was a big diet coke awaiting me at the end of the trail. I drank lots of water, but for some reason that diet coke called my name. I've never been happier to see a paved road in my life!


Here is us after the bike ride. Sunburned. Exhausted. So proud of ourselves.


And of course there are more pictures, but they are floating around on other cameras. Above all we had such a good time amongst family and enjoying the beautiful mountains.


My boys. Be still my heart.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It's fun to see your pictures from the reunion. We had fun didn't we?