
O the joys of work at Payless!




So a week ago, I was working, and with about five minutes until close, a couple walks in. that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine... don't come in with five minutes till close... I had been working since one, and I was ready to get out of there and get home! Well, I walk up to the lady and let her know we're closing soon and she says ok, then goes into the biggest rant about how she's pregnant and she doesn't know how she got pregnant, and basically she was creeping me out. So then the man that was with her comes out of the men's aisle with BRAND NEW tennis shoes on. So I walk over to the aisle, find the empty box and his old disgusting shoes stashed on the shelf..... This man was going to steal from us.
So, I have the other associate that was working with me keep an eye on them and i call the police. The cops showed up and asked the man about his shoes and he was so senile... he kept saying over and over that he has dimensia and his words are so slurred you can barely understand a word he's saying. This is the following conversation between him and the police officer:
officer: Are you going to pay for those shoes on your feet?
man: I didn't get them here
officer: well why are your old shoes stashed on the shelf?
man: they were there when I got here
officer: If you leave with those shoes on you'll be arrested

at this point another officer has shown up, and is being summoned by a customer. The customer tells him he just wittnessed the couple sweeping off their table from applebees before they came into the store. The officer walks over and looks in their two applebee's bags... and sure enough there are plates, silverwhere, breadbasket, condiments, salt and pepper shakers, and glasses from their meal at the restaurant! There were also some energy drinks and work gloves from Walmart. When questioned about why they stole all the stuff from their table the girl replied, "That's what my mother taught me to do when I was a little girl, so you should take it up with her!" Nothing like having a variety of different kinds of silverware, plates, salt and pepper shakers, and breadbaskets to decorate with!
So they were cuffed right then and there. The police were so familiar with the woman they called her by her first name when they saw her... I guess she's had a few more incidences with the law. So, instead of getting home at 9:00 like I wanted to, I got home at 10:30, after filling out witness forms and letting the police take pictures of the evidence. Come to find out the two were so intoxicated.... I knew they were acting funny, but I couldn't smell the alcohol on them, so I didn't know for sure. I'm just so grateful that they weren't mean drunks, that could have been really scary.
Call me a hero if you want. I caught thieves.
Just another day in the life of Shay
5 comments:
Shay the Hero! What a weird experience. Dixon should have put down the guitar hero and sped to your side. haha
lol. What's a good superhero name for Shay?
YAY!!! Shay, you're such a hero!
Shay.. can I call you like Shaylee Drew or something like that? :) hehe..
This made me laugh picturing you running around calling the police and all. Oh you make me laugh!
Post a Comment