Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ode to 25



I have lived for almost 26 years.  

I have learned a lot about myself this year:

my love language is talking
I don't laugh as often as I should, I am working on changing that
I like to worry about everything
I love to teach people about food and nutrition
I enjoy quiet moments of stillness
an ice cream in a sugar cone is my most favorite dessert
I enjoy traveling
I enjoy being home even more
I don't like to be crafty crafty
I enjoy diet coke. a lot. 
and it's ok
I look forward to bananas and peanut butter like it's my job
My body has imperfections.  
I wish it could make more babies
marriage is hard
marriage is worth it
I love to be connected to people
I don't like to be connected to m¥ phone
I like to see how long I can go before I fill up my gas tank
I have a voice
I have a strong voice
sometimes i'm afraid to use my voice.  
and that's ok
I let fear control me sometimes.
I recognize that I need to have more faith
tender mercies happen in my life everyday
my sisters are my people
they get me
my mom is considered one of my sisters, except with more wisdom
I've realized relationships ebb and flow
and thats ok.
I have a hard time following through with things
I like to fly by the seat of my pants.
But I like routine too
I am afraid of commitments
I always have good intentions. always.
I often times see two sides to every story. I don't always know what side is right
I like to drink water with salt in it
I talk to myself. I talk to myself a lot
and thats ok.
I am not always confident
I doubt myself too
my body is strong.
so is my mind
my happy place is the mountains.
the beach is my second happy place
I feel my Savior's love for me
mostly through other people.
I care about looking nice. I don't care about brand names
I am a very simplistic person
Big groups make me anxious
I am a doer
I fear failure like I fear the plague
and that's ok.

I'm still learning.  and while sometimes I wish that some of these things about myself were different, I realize that these things are what make me Shaylee.  

and that's OK.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So when is your book coming out? :) Best blog post I have ever read. I love it! You are a perfect Shaylee.