Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Four
Four years old is a happy place.
Everyday something funny comes out of his mouth.
for instance. Today he was holding a black stuffed animal dog that I haven't seen in a long while. What's your dog's name I ask. "Scott," he replies very matter of factly. "and his nickname is Scuh." of course it is.
also, he is my backseat driver. for reals. He was asking me where his soccer practice was going to be tomorrow. I told him it was going to be where Aunt Syd played her soccer tournament when she was in town. he replies like we are in an adult conversation... "that's off of summerlin parkway, right mom?" I reply with yep, right off of summerlin parkway. But then it hits me. A four year old just asked me that question. not an adult, and how the heck does he know where summerlin parkway is? Let us not dwell on the fact that it took me two years of living here to even be able to tell you what summerlin parkway is and how to get there. even though I drove on it 3 times a week.
And to put the cherry on top... he ate a chicken salad sandwich for dinner. without throwing up. Cue the hallelujahs. that my friends is where the real magic is at. Never mind it takes him almost 45 minutes to eat with me sitting right next to him, spoon feeding him. the little accomplishments, you know?!
but on the best note of this whole topic... he accepts bribery in increments of gum. not picky about the brand. not picky about the flavor. you got a stick of gum, you got yourself a deal. talk about cheap labor.
Yep, four years old is dynamite.
pretty sure I won't be needing Siri much after he turns five.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment