
Rebel season is in full swing here at the Leavitt household.
Proof:
1. Our nights consist of pretend basketball games where Dixon and I are the bad team and Sawyer is his player of choice from the Rebels. Cue Ben Carter, Berry Chenny, Chris Wood, and Dantley.
2. He studies his roster (which he lovingly calls his homework) and then asks me to quiz him to see if he knows all the players and their numbers.
3. He asks me at least three times a day to announce him as a rebel player when he walks into a room.
4. A new Rebel poster adorns his bedroom walls.
5. Our new form of discipline includes threatening to not let him go to the next rebel basketball game. It works quite nicely. Examples: if you are going to throw fits, no rebel game. If you don't pick up your toys, no rebel game.
6. He will do just about anything if you tell him the rebel players do it. Examples: rebel players take loooong naps. Rebel players take baths. Rebel players listen to this song. Rebel players like to go grocery shopping. Rebel players wear handsome skinny jeans to preschool. Rebel players let their moms go to the gym so they have happy moms. Rebel players build Legos by themselves so their mommies can get their jobs done.
7. I am asked repeatedly when I am going to wash his rebel jersey. It's a rebel miracle I can even get it off him to wash it. Refer back to #1.
I never thought I would know so much about basketball. But you know how it goes, "if you can't beat em, join em!"
Go Rebels!
- Shay
No comments:
Post a Comment