Sunday, November 9, 2014

Late Night Date Night

Sawyer and I found ourselves at Walmart last night at 8:30. I pulled in the parking lot and Sawyer informed me he was so excited to get the sprite he earned for taking his nap (I'm ok with bribery. And my boy will do anything for a sprite), but first he really needed to go potty. My insides squirmed. Not the potty at Walmart, anything but the potty at Walmart!! I asked him if he could hold it... He replied with "uh.... ya. Ya, I really think so mom."

Cue Walmart potty.

After a very thorough hand washing, we grabbed the boy a sprite and made our way to the toy section. We've been doing this a lot these days. This boy's birthday is coming up. And christmas. So we go and walk around. I watch him looking for that "spark" that will tell me that is THE toy. You know the toy that makes your heart go all squishy when you open it? And I have yet to see the spark. We've been to all the stores: TJ Maxx, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart. You name it, we've been there. And still, the only thing that seems to whisper to him is the sports aisle. But how many basketballs can you get a boy before they start taking over your house?

It's quite the conundrum.

He kept asking me if it was super late and past his bed time. I answered that question at least ten times. And when I would reply "yep it is almost past mom's bedtime" he would get the cheesiest grin and slurp his sprite and walk a few more steps to look at the next toy.

And me? Well I had the cheesiest grin on my face too... Because I know these are moments he will remember. Stayin out late with his sprite and his Ma.






Now to find that toy..... Wish me luck. And coupons too.

-Shay

No comments: