Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013

As we wrap up another year I am amazed yet again at how fast time seems to pass by. Everybody said when we have kids time will speed up, I just didn't realize it would speed up that fast.
2013 brought with it so many blessings, challenges, and truly helped to stretch me in ways I wasn't extremely comfortable with. I like the person I am today far better than the one that left 2012. I'm in a better place. I hope to say the same thing for every year that passes.
And now some highlights from our 2012.

-Sawyer and I traveled up to Utah in January while Dixon made a getaway to Mexico with his coworkers.
- February Dixon and I took our very first trip without Sawyer. It was much needed, but just about broke my heart.
- the boy finally fit into his cowboy boots. I've been waiting for that moment since he was born.




We've been shooting a lot of hoops this year. We graduated from the Little Tikes hoop to Bompi's basketball hoop.


My Grandpa Silcox passed away in April. Haven't faced a lot of death, and found myself stretched a little bit. I was so grateful we were able to get p to Utah to celebrate his life.


Sawyer and I took our first spontaneous adventure together in May. I was able to reconnect with a dear friend, and it was so much fun to be spontaneous with my little.


We hiked to the top of lone mountain. sawyer hiked all by his lonesome to the very tip top.


Dixon and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary by going to San Francisco. I loved it there, something about that place made my spirit spark to life. And Sawyer was spoiled to have Grandma Beck and Sydnee all to himself while we were away!





We celebrated the fourth of July in Utah this year, where we convinced Landon to cheer on the Giants. Oh those two. Landon is Sawyer's buddy.


My toddler turned into a big boy and got a big boy bed. That one was so hard for me. My heart hasn't ever been as heavy as it was when I took his crib down. I just wasn't ready.


Made our way to Disneyland in July where we were spoiled by my employer. Sawyer was in high heaven. He still talks about it.



My sisters made a spontaneous day trip to Vegas in August. I'm starting to be quite fond of spontaneous trips. It really does ignite something in my spirit. How lucky am I to call these ladies my sisters?!


We spent a week with the Leavitt family in Oceanside. Watching my boy in the sand. The end.


Traveled with the Leavitt girls in August for a day trip to LA to see Taylor Swift. This trip was seriously a blast and a half. Can't wait to do that again!


Sawyer learned how to swim all by himself this summer! So
Round of my little fish!


I made my first ever batch of cinnamon rolls and they were a success. Huge moment for me.


We watched a lot of garbage trucks this year.


Cheered on our Rebels.


Had the honor of having mom come to visit in October. Nothing wire like your mom. They just know your heart.



Dressed up as a baseball player for Halloween this year. My boy is all about his jersey's these days.


I completed another half marathon in October and beat my time from last year. So grateful to have my boys cheering me on. It was a perfect way to boost my confidence in my body before having surgery in November.


Cheering on our Rebs some more.


I got to meet my brand new nephew in November. Baby Beck. Don't even get me started on how much I love him already.


Had a basketball birthday for our favorite player. Cant believe he is three!





Spent Christmas up in Utah this year.





And here we are. Already ending day one of the New Year. My heart is so full. We are so blessed. It is with excitement I welcome 2014. I like new beginnings. I like clean slates. I hope to be able to follow through more on my commitments this year. To be more reliable. That is my goal this year.

Bring it on 2014.

No comments: