I love making memories with my little family. Nothing warms my heart more than spending time with people I love. And my two boys have my whole heart.
We decided to head down to California on Thursday so we could spend some time with my childhood friends. I love them like my sisters. And their two girls... Well they had my heart at hello. We're trying to work out an arranged marriage for Sawyer;). We just needed Kylee and Baby B there and our twin posse would have been complete. (picture credit goes to my hubby, how did he get all the chillers to look at the camera? He's a Baby whisperer I tell you)

Sawyer had so much fun there, he fell asleep like this. I couldn't resist taking a picture, I haven't seen him sleep like this side he was a baby.

The next day was Disneyland. And oh behold the magic of Cars Land. My favorite thing on this trip was watching Dixon and Sawyer together. They are such buddies.

The carousel was my little's favorite ride. He's a simplistic kind of guy, he needs spinning around and around, not such big crowds or lines, and he likes to have his own horsie. I was lucky enough to get to ride on the back of the horse after promising him an ice cream cone.

I was so impressed with his patience in lines. The Toy Story Mania ride was the longest line we waited in. 50 minutes. But he knew we were waiting to play a video game, so that somehow made it ok? Boys and their video games.


And oh his face when he saw Lightening and Mater. Forget the rides, forget the popcorn, and music, and parades. This boy was all about his friends.

Again with the horsies. How can you resist a face that looks like that? Why yes son, we can go on that ride again and again and again.

Don't even get me started with the fireworks show. That show and the world of color get me teary. Something about the music and the lights. It just gets me thinking how wonderful that Walt's dreams really came true. He has truly created a place where everyone can connect with the child within. Jeepers, I'm embarrassing when I ramble.

Back to my boys. Sawyer was beyond excited to ride the tea cups. What is it that makes those cups so appealing? I mean, I loved them too as a kid. And then I got old and suddenly I feel a little green in the face when the ride is slowly spinning to a stop. For the love of your kids.


We ran into Donald at Toon Town. Sawyer ate that place up. We spent a good hour and a half doing absolutely nothing other than walk around and look at all the houses.

I love this picture. He just wanted some time to play with his guys. He made sure they had breakfast and took naps, and even took a few on the rides. Cracks me up how much he loves them.

See, he has Sarge in his hands... Couldn't let Sarge miss out on the ride, this is us at 8:30 pm. As in, the boy that didn't take a nap. He was that happy all day long. Where did he come from, and how on earth can I bottle up some of that cuteness?


Oh and you should have seen his face when he saw his name on the sign. He was positive it was because he is that awesome. I told his to stand there and say cheese. He stood there and said "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese". Longest cheese ever. I've trained him well.

So that was that. I have soaked in some California sea breeze, had my share of laughs, connected with the child within, and am grateful as all get out that those boys are mine. I mean really, how am I so lucky?
Sawyer loved Disneyland. But his happiness there, had nothing on when he got home and saw Lyla. The boy went to high heaven. Took his pants off, and ran straight outside to play soccer with his puppy. Or as I say, he was so happy it knocked his pants off.

Favorite memories from our trip in no specific order:
- on our way to CA we took a potty break. 5 minutes later comes a voice from the back seat, "daddy, I gotta poop." oh geez.
- Sonic Diet Coke run and catching up with my dear friend
- getting out of the car after the long drive and Sawyer saying, "good job Daddy, I'm proud of you."
- Racing down the hall to our room in the hotel. I've never seen Dixon run so fast
- while waiting in line Sawyer would quote his favorite books. His favorite quote was from "Are you My Mother?" it says, "down down down its a long way down."
-making his car dance to Captain EO
- making sure to tell me after a ride that was a little scary, "it's not scary!"
-seeing Donald, "hi Donald, what doin today?"
- telling me to "take a picture"
2 comments:
I am dying! The pictures are darling.. and you are such a talented writer! I love you!! I'm so impressed Sawyer knew his name on the sign! You have one smart cookie on your hands.
-Ky (I'm logged in as mom.. I don't know why. Just go with it)
that picture of you and him on the carousel is everything!! He looks SO happy!
Post a Comment