I thought planning for his room would ease my mind on the whole "taking the crib down" thing. You see, I never envisioned unscrewing all those screws and storing the crib away under a bed or in a closet out of sight, out of mind. My vision was to just switch beds... Bring the guest bed into sawyer's room, and move the crib in the guest room for another baby that would be soon arriving. In my head, I still had a baby as long as I had a crib. The crib was the last part of his babyhood and I was holding on to it with all my might. I wasn't ready for that big boy bed.
I tried to busy my mind while decorating for his room. I'm not usually a decisive person when it comes to decorating. I like a lot of styles, I like a lot of designs, but I do not like to decide how to decorate a room. I knew my boy loves fire trucks. I knew he loved his UNLV rebels. I knew he loved superman. And I knew he loved the SF Giants. I wanted to incorporate all his favorite things and make it his own. And I really like how it turned out. I spent maybe $50 on the whole thing. The banner is made from comics cut out from his comic book to include his love for superman, the rebel license plate for his rebels, his giants hat, and his most favorite part: the fireman sheets.
I tucked him in that night. He was so excited to show me he could sleep in that big boy bed, no problem. And sleep he did. I just wasn't ready.





1 comment:
Adorable! I love how you decorated. You have talent.
Post a Comment