Sunday, April 7, 2013

Almost two months have gone by since my last post. I've been in a little bit of a funk. I feel like life is speeding by too quickly and I just don't have enough words to explain how I'm feeling, so instead of attempt to blog, I don't. You know those days where you just need something to inspire you? A new decoration, a trip your looking forward to, or something delicious your wanting to cook? I've been needing something to inspire me. And this Saturday I got just that.

We went to a place called Gilcrease Orchards. Oh my lanta, an orchard in Vegas that's only 7 minutes from my house. Why have I never heard about it before??? We picked fresh carrots, beats, kale, and sugar snap peas. Sawyer drove his cars through the dirt, and my heart has been so happy. I tossed those veggies in some olive oil, sprinkled them with some sea salt and roasted them in the oven for 20 minutes. So good. Like I'm going back on Tuesday when their open again good.














I've been thinking a lot about life lately. How you have a plan and you totally have in your head exactly how you want your life to go... But it doesn't go that way at all. Infact, it goes completely in the opposite direction, and your going "wait this isn't part of the plan." I love that Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself and that he has a plan for me and my little family.

I'm grateful he doesn't stick to my plan because his is exactly what I need to be better and to stretch myself.

So I'm enjoying the little things. Sawyer saying "bye poops" when he flushes the potty (makes me laugh every time), a cool breeze on a warm spring day, friends that chat like they have all the time in the world to talk to you, a husband who makes the bed just because he knows it makes me happy, a diet coke with extra ice to accompany my park dates with Sawyer, and a great book that keeps me up until 2 am. So grateful these little things are in my life.

So grateful they are my extraordinary moments in the ordinary day.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Shay I love your writing! You capture life so beautifully. I check almost daily to read your fun posts (which I only do with one other blog)... they are always worth the wait :)

Lauren and Carter said...

The orchards sound soooo delightful! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put! Love this! Love you!

Lauren said...

Funny you should write this, because I have been thinking some of the same things lately. Especially things I don't think are in my "plan." But like you said, our Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and when. Love and miss you Shay.

Shaylee Leavitt said...

Love you girls, so grateful to have such wonderful friends!