Monday, November 12, 2012

This weekend, we went up to Utah for a couple reasons. We aren't going to be able to make it up for Thanksgiving, I wanted to relive my high school days by going to see my high school's production of Phantom of the Opera, and Kenadee turned the big 16 today. I was anxious about our drive. Seven hours in the car with an almost 2 year old just didn't sound like fun to me. But Sawyer left me speechless, we hardly heard a peep out of him the whole drive. He played with his cars, my iPad, read books, took a nap, and played with my phone. Seriously, he was wonderful. He had his first happy meal on our way up. I about had a mini heart attack feeding my child this, but he loved it and it made him happy, so I let him eat up! We hit a big snowstorm on our way up, and after we got there, it snowed for the next two days! I loved seeing the snow, it got me so excited for the holidays.


Sawyer was so excited about the "no" and thanks to grandma Beck for saving all the little snow clothes, he got to go play in it! Aunt Dee was nice enough to take him out. He mostly just ate the snow. If you know my boy at all, you know he is obsessed with ice. He loves it, and begs me for a cup of ice all day. So naturally, he loved to eat the snow!








I loved the fall trees with the snow on them. I have been craving my fall trees, and these hit the spot!





And here are a few with the great grandma's and grandma Beck!








Of course the weekend went by too fast, and not enough pictures were taken. But we were spoiled, and loved, and so welcomed, we couldn't help but soak it in stand not worry about pictures! We celebrated Kenadee and all of her 16 year old self and found ourselves chatting around the kitchen bar swapping stories and memories and It filled my heart. Something about those little moments fills me up. I'm so grateful for such a supportive and loving family! Cant wait for our next visit!!

No comments: