Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving pictures are on their way. We stayed here for thanksgiving and spent it with the Leavitt family and a smoked turkey wrapped in bacon. Our bellies were so happy!

My family came down for a visit yesterday to celebrate Sawyer's upcoming birthday and get a head start on Christmas shopping at our outlets and fashion show mall! I love when my family visits. Something about having them in my home seems to make my heart complete. I love the way my mom notices every little detail and goes out of her way to compliment my decorating choices, boost my confidence as homemaker/mother, and is so quick to encourage me in my home. I love hearing my siblings laughing together at my dinner table and watching Landon play ball with Sawyer. I was so worried when we moved far from home that Sawyer wouldn't get to have a close relationship with them. Never have I been so happy to be proven wrong. That boy of mine knows his grandma Beck and "Rebel Bob" and Dee, and Ken, and Lllll, and Dyd. He loves them. He gets so excited to see them. I think he was just as excited as I was to have them in our home!

He loved opening his presents, and was so concerned with that wrapping paper. He didn't know what to do with it when he tore it off and didn't want to just throw it in the floor... So he gathered piles of it in his arms and kept tearing more off! He loved his book.


He got an apron to help me in the kitchen.


And most of all, he loved his "brrrmms" that he got. He loved driving them on grandma's head...


And driving them on "Rebel Bob's" arms. (that's just what he has chosen to call my dad. We all think it is pretty hilarious).


It's funny how I didn't even realize how much I needed their visit until they were here. I know it is a sacrifice for them to come all the way down here, and we are so grateful for them and for their love and support! How blessed we are to have family that loves us so much!

No comments: