I have been wanting to run a half marathon for a while, and I finally decided to just sign up and train for it! I couldn't have chosen a more beautiful location, the whole race was overlooking lake mead, and i swear the race flew by because I was so overcome by the beauty of it all! I've been training for the past 6 weeks, and I felt prepared. I was so happy with my time: 1:51:02. I was so excited to see the finish line and see Dixon and Sawyer there cheerin me on. I was also so touched to see my boss there... She drove all the way out there with her son and made me a cute poster to cheer me on. And I had the support of our family! I couldn't have done it without their encouraging words! I had a blast, and am now toying with the idea of a full marathon. We'll see. For now I'll leave you with a few pictures... Notice the view of the lake in the background!



This is our cousin Kiersten, she was the one that motivated me to sign up! Love her and am so proud of her for accomplishing this big goal!

And this is the world's best boss, and the cute sign she made me. I feel so blessed to work for her!
This definately is the first of many half marathons! I seriously had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment