Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blessing Day

Let me preface this post by saying that I am super bugged with this Mac computer... I rotate all the pictures and save them, and they show up all rotated in my album, but then I post them and they aren't rotated!?!! Not only that, but once they are posted, I can't see the pictures I posted until I hit the post button down at the bottom... so much for trying to write captions under the pictures if you can't even see them. Great computer.... just great! On that note... Sawyer had such a neat day on Sunday, February 6, 2011. My family was able to make it down, complete with Grandma Kathy, and Dixon's sister Jessica was also able to make it! We are so blessed to have family that is willing to travel long distances to support us in our endeavors.

I woke up and showered, only to find out that my blowdryer decided to only blow cold air (yes, I made sure to check that I didn't have the "cold air" button on). Panicked, I blew my hair for just under an hour and it was STILL wet. I decided that Heavenly Father was trying to test me... and went to church regardless (so excuse the hair in these pictures). Oh well, memory maker right?? Heavenly Father also tried Dixon and had him wake up deathly ill with some kind sinus infection... poor guy had a fever most of the day! Sawyer on the other hand, was just perfect. He handled being passed around all weekend like a champ! Dixon gave a beautiful blessing, and then it was on to Wade and Carolyns for strawberries and pancakes..YUM!!











And yes... Dixon kept Sawyer's name the same: Sawyer Anderson Leavitt. I was slightly worried he would change it to some random Brazilian name during the blessing, but he spared me! We sure do love our little guy!!
Thanks to all our family and friends for making the effort and taking the time to share in this special day with us!


PS. I ended up losing the super bowl bet that day (I was betting on Steelers, Dixon was going for the Packers... So I owe him dinner for a whole week...this week didn't count because we all were deathly ill... more on that later!)

No comments: