Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our New Addition

Introducing our Precious Baby Boy:
Sawyer Anderson Leavitt
Born 12/11/10 at 3:48 pm
7 lbs 12 oz
20 1/2 inches long
long dark hair
long fingers
big feet
just perfect!

Right after his first bath... look at all that hair, it reminds me of a little chick:)
Lovin on his Grandma Beck! We are so glad she is here to help us out!!

Hello World!! He has ten fingers and ten toes... and is perfect!
On our way home from the hospital, his first car ride!
Our Christmas present for 2010, we couldn't be more happy!
His first outfit!
Sawyer loves being in his dad's arms!
Our first family photo... fifteen minutes after delivery... it was a breeze:)
This was taken at 8:15 am, I was having contractions 5 minutes apart!!

I started feeling my first contractions at 2:30 am Friday morning and they started to become 8 minutes apart at 3:30 am. After showering, I woke my mom up at 7:00 and we went walking to see if the contractions would become closer together. After walking an hour they were 5 minutes apart and off Dixon and I went to the hospital. When we got there the nurse checked me and i was 4 1/3 cm dilated with a bulging bag, and that's when she told us "your having this baby today!" Those words were music to our ears. By the time they got me into the labor and delivery room and hooked up to my IV, the nurse checked me and I was at a 6. She hurried off to get the anesthesiologist! At this point I was pretty excited, the pain wasn't too bad, and I knew he was on his way. I loved the anesthesiologist, and after the epidural, I was in lala land, I was very comfortable... so comfortable, I couldn't feel my right leg at all... I didn't feel that leg again until 10:00 that night! After the epidural our moms came into the room and things moved fast from there. Before I knew it I was at a 10 and the nurse was breaking my water. I started pushing at about 3:00 pm and he was here at 3:48. I am still amazed at how fun it is to be a mom, and how fun it is to watch Dixon be a dad! We feel so blessed to have had such a great experience at the hospital, and are so happy to finally have our baby boy in our arms!

Thanks to all our family and friends for all your love and support, we are so excited to get to share with you this fun time in our lives, and will try to keep you updated with all our fun pictures and experiences!

With love,
Dixon, Shay, and Sawyer




9 comments:

Tyler and Laura said...

I've been dying to see this little man! He is amazing, handsome, sweet, and just perfect. So happy everything went so well and so happy for you and Dixon!

Taylor's mom said...

Oh he's perfect! I love him already and can't wait to meet him & give kisses & hugs to you both! Hee hee hee, I'm a "great-aunt"!
Love you!

Heather said...

Oh we are so excited for you!! Your sweet mom was amazing with the text updates. We cant wait to meet him!!

Heidi said...

He is so adorable!! All that hair!!! Congratulations! You are such a cute family!

James and Jamie Rust said...

SHAYLEE!!! He is so so cute:) You and Dixon did such a good job:) I hope things are good and you are feeling great! Miss you guys!!

P.S.
I work with Dixons cousin's wife Natalie Dixon! Small world huh!

Kadee said...

In all pictures I had seen before these, he was wearing a hat! I love love love that hair!!

Jody said...

I was just thinking about you the other day so I'm happy I found your blog! Congrats! He is so cute and I love the hair!
Jody

Erin Camp said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Jeff & Amberlee said...

Congratulations Shaylee! He is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you! Hope all is well!