a
e
b
Wow, my apologies for not blogging in ages. We have been so super busy, which is a good thing, but it hasn't left me with a lot of blogging time. Sydnee is already eight! I can't believe how big she is, we went up North for her baptism and had such a good time with family and friends. Dixon sang at the baptism in Portuguese, and Ky and I did talks. She looked like a princess all dressed in white! I'm always amazed at how tall everyone is getting. Landon told me that when he grows up he wants to be tall and skinny like Dixon because he's gonna eat Subway. We also got to hang with the fam at Oakridge Country Club pool... which is where this next funny story happened: syd wanted to order food from the club so I told her to call dad, so in her sweetest voice she says "Daddy, is it ok if me and Dixon and Shay order some food" after he says yes, she hangs up the phone and pumps her fist and says "I OWN my dad!!" We laughed about that for the longest time! It was fun to see all the extended family that we don't get to see very often. That weekend me and Dixon took just Landon mini golfing, which was a blast because Landon LOVES to golf!! I think him and Dixon kicked my butt, but I'm trying to block that out of my memory!:)
The last week of July Dixon and I went with the Leavitts to Mexico!! It was a blast. For the first few days we had the oportunity to be there with just Carolyn, Chase, and Hannah, which was a blast! Let me tell ya though, Chase kicked my butt in Pool, Uno, and Mario Kart, so we must go back soon for a rematch so I can beat him! We had perfect weather while we were there, and we sat outside and read books for most of the day! I got through two books this year! I read one on the Columbine shootings which was way interesting, but so creepy, and I finished a fiction one called "Hunger Games" which surprisingly ended up being my favorite! Dixon got me some cute sandals at one of the flea markets, and I love them, I have been dying for some cute flip flops! Dixon and I went to Fox Studios for a tour, it was a lot of fun. They built that studio to film Titanic and you should see how neat all the tanks and stuff they built for it to film the movie. We got to try out some special effect stuff and explore around some of the sets. Alec and Tiff, Janae, Alyssa, Jessica, and Wade got to the beach on the Wednesday of that week and it was so fun to see everyone! We all danced to thriller and made up our own moves, went to Tacos Cantimar, this amazing hole in the wall taco place, we sat outside late at night talking, had some of Carolyn's to die for homeade icecream, saw some dolphins as the sun was going down, took some fun pictures, watched family videos, shared lots of laughs and had so much fun! Unfortunately, we had to leave on Friday, so we didn't get to be there with everyone for very long, but we still had a BLAST! Janae was so cute and made the "Gram's Beach Party" shirts! We all loved them!
No comments:
Post a Comment