Saturday, June 27, 2009

Long Time No Blog...

We are still alive people! Sorry for slacking in the blog department! So much has been going on,
so i'll probably just ramble a little as I fill you in!
I love my job at the bank, it's 40 hours a week, and it keeps me busy. I love the girls I work with, I have learned so much from them already... they have been through some amazing things and are so strong, I hope to gain some strength from them. They have welcomed me with open arms and have been so patient as I learn the ropes. I feel so blessed to have a job that I look forward to going to everyday.

Its been a really humbling experience to have a full time job, to be working for Leavitt group still 10 hours a week, keeping up with laundry, cleaning the house, exercising, and finding time to be with family. Sometimes I wanna be super woman, but I've had to humble myself and realize that I can't do it all alone. I feel spread thin a lot of days, but am learning to find a better balance as I try to keep up with everything. I can't tell you how amazing and supportive Dixon has been, he has helped with cleaning the house and helps motivate me to keep going... I am grateful for his never failing positive attitude, I hope to be more like him in that aspect.

Besides working, we have seen The proposal, Year One, and My Sister's Keeper. I enjoyed the first and the last, I was exhausted during Year One so I don't remember much!
My family came and visited on Tuesday... it was a much needed visit. I was telling Dixon the other day that I needed to see family! It's hard being so busy because we can't find a lot of time to visit our families, but we're doing our best.

We are doing good though, just enjoying each day as it comes. its been a crazy June with this rainy weather, I am ready for summer weather...and a vacation, but the vacation might have to wait!:) I'll try to have a more exciting blog soon, just wanted to do a quick update

3 comments:

Heather said...

wow life sounds crazy!! I thought you had given up on blogging. It is glad to have you back. And I agree about the whole super woman thing, I get sucked into that sometimes too. I just want to do it all and Im too prideful to ask for help sometimes... Im glad Im not alone on that boat!! Love ya Shay!!

kylee said...

Shay- to me you are super woman! :) I admire you and look up to you so much. I hope that one day I can become more like you. I miss you. oh how I miss you! Two weeks til I get to see you! let the count down begin! LOVE YOU

kylee said...

WE NEED AN UPDATE :)