Our easter gifts from the Anderson Family. Read story #2 below.
Dixon singing and playing the guitar at the same time when we played rock band!
Dixon's easter basket. Lyla climbed up there, popped open an egg, and got the cadburry egg inside and ate it all. Nice.
Our dyed eggs! I made Dixon dye eggs with me... it's tradition! We had such a fun time!
Dixon coloring his easter egg!!HAPPY EASTER! Wow, we have been so busy the past week and a half. Let me update you on what is new with us!
- First off..... I can see! I go to class and I can read the powerpoints and the board, and when I drive I can read the street signs! It's a wonderful feeling. I'm still feeling a little self consiouss wearing my glasses, but I'm starting to get used to them. The first day I got them, I thought I was going to throw up because they made me so sick!
- I got my bangs cut... This was BADLY needed
-We went on a picnic for dinner yesterday and attracted all the kids with Lyla!
- Dixon shaved his head, and he looks amazing as always!
- We went and watched our friend Chase play baseball in St. George and visited with his wife Destiny. It felt so good to be out in the sun!
- We only have two more weeks of school left and one week of tests... we are so excited!
-We got a visit from my Aunt Steffanie and her family, it was so good to see them
-Dixon got me some easter flowers
-We cleaned our carpets!!
And now for some stories!
Story #1: I have been dying to see Marley and Me. So when it came out on DVD, I wanted to wait a week or two so we could get it at red box. Well, on Saturday, Dixon and I got online and saw that it was at Albertson's, so I was like "we have to hurry!!" So we run over there, and just two seconds before we're at the redbox, these two ladies get there before we do. So I listen to their conversation that goes as follows: "do you want to see anything?" "I dunno" "have you seen Marley and Me?" (my heart starts to beat a little faster) "Is that out? Ya, that sounds good." and they steal that DVD away from me. So there I am, I don't even want to look at the Red Box to see if there was another copy... but to my surprise there was, so I was so happy. So Dixon pulls up to the house and says to me "If God has a sense of humor, this DVD is going to be scratched." We sit down, get comfy, put the movie in, and sure enough it was scratched. I almost cried. So out we went on a scavenger hunt to every redbox in Cedar to find this movie, just when we had checked just about everyone Dixon stopped at a nearby grocery store and suggested we look there before we go home, I walked up discouraged, scrolled through their movies... and it was there!!! I was so happy I even started doing my happy dance! The movie was well worth it, except I bawled my eyes out towards the end, it was a great movie!
Story #2:
My family went to California without us. I was jealous, especially when they stayed the night with us, and they were leaving our house and it started snowing!! Anyways, on their way home, they stopped to say hi, they were only here for maybe ten minutes, but it was good to see them. They were acting so weird though, like looking through all my stuff and snooping and stuff. O well, I thought they were just antsy to get home. After they left, I went into the office to get some work left and found an egg...thus began our easter egg hunt. My family hid 16 eggs without me noticing and a suprise package. I still haven't found all of them. Here's the places I have found eggs so far:
-my freezer
-inside my hat
-in the laundry basket
-in our toothbrush holder
-under the plunger
-in my makeup
-in Dixon's suit coat
-by my scriptures
-behind the picture frame in the back bedroom
-on a shelf behind a game in my guest bedroom closet
Our two "special eggs" (they each had money in them) were hidden hard. Mine was in the oreos (I don't ever eat oreos, so I would have never even thought to look there.) and Dixon's was inside his shoe that's on display on top of my cupboards! Our suprise package consisting of Reese's eggs and flip flops was in a suitcase in the back bedroom! We still have four more to find! They were so sweet to think of us, and we have had a lot of fun looking for our eggs! Thank you family!!
1 comment:
haha.. Shay! I am laughing so hard at your Marley and Me story. I knew you had watched it.. but I didn't catch the part that it was scratched! hahaha.. oh my Shay! you just made my day! :) Love you
Post a Comment