Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!

I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Valentines Day, I think it's overrated. But it is a lot better day now that I am married and have a Valentine of my own! We had a fun day. Dixon and I went down to Saint George to check out their Gold's Gym (Some of you might laugh at this, but our Gold's is tiny, the equipment is getting old and worn out, and we don't have a cool pool and sauna like the one in Saint George). Seriously, when I stepped foot in that Gym, it was like a palace compared to ours, that place is HUGE and their equipment is so nice, and I just can't say enough about it. If we had a gym like that in Cedar City, I think all my spare time would be spent there... not kidding! We left a little early due to a theft problem, I won't go into details there, but next time, we are leaving stuff in our car not in a locked locker in the locker room... because things get stolen.


We then indulged ourselves after a good hour workout at Larsen's Frostop. It's not often that you hear the words "I like deep fried things" come out of my mouth, because the truth of the matter is, I really don't like deep fried things. However, their fries and piccadilly chips are amazing! Mmmm it was so good. We had a good time people watching there also (some people are such interesting parents to their children). Nothin is better after a good meal than a good nap, so we came home and crashed!


I told Dixon at the beginning of the week that I didn't want to go out to dinner because everyone and their dog goes to dinner on Valentines and I wasn't going to compete with them. So we made a romantic dinner of steak and potatoes complete with candles! It was a lot of fun. We then watched a Fireproof (a movie with my childhood crush, kirk cameron, that I have been wanting to see for a while). Despite the cheesy acting, the movie had a good message... and you walked away feeling pretty good about life, which is always a good thing.


So that was our first Valentines Day as a married couple! Oh, and yes Dixon got me some great Valentine's gifts:) I love him more everyday, and feel so blessed and grateful to have him in my life. He is such a hard worker, and always has such a positive attitude. He always helps around the house without being asked, and he always compliments me in all that I do. He is slow to criticize me and quick to love me, He helps me to become better everyday. He pushes me to improve myself, he helps and supports me in achieving my goals, He is so patient with me...especially when I get in "a mood", he truly is my better half. I love you Dixon!

3 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Sounds like fun, guys! I feel the same way about Valentine's Day dates...I prefer a nice homemade meal compared to having to leave at 4:00 p.m. so that we only wait an hour compared to the 3 hour wait that hits at 7! Have fun this weekend...I'm definitely jealous...

ACR

Jack said...

awww i am glad you had a good valentines! you guys are so cute! you are both very lucky

Alec and Tiffany said...

Me thinks that you should post pictures...estoy muy celoso...and bitter too! Have fun!

ACR