We went to the park today with his tennis ball in tow. He was so cautious not to lose it and made sure that ball was in sight at all times. "play wis me mommy," was said over and over and so we bounced the ball together and ran around till we were sweaty and hungry.
We went and visited daddy at work. It's such a special occasion to visit daddy's office and Sawyer was so excited. We were leaving his office and Sawyer tugged on my hand and said, "mommy, look!" The Elevator. Usually I would tug him in the other direction and try to convince him that the elevator wasn't working. But not today. Today was a day for mental pictures. So I walked with my boy to the elevator and rode it up, and rode it down. It made his whole day. We practically skipped out to our car.
He made up a game today. All by himself. He takes his tennis ball and throws it, then runs to his cash register and types in numbers and then looks at me and says, "I Won!" and so of course I can't help but join in with him and throw the tennis ball while he types in numbers only to tell me that "mommy, you didn't win." it's ok son, today is a day for mental pictures, you can win today.
I made some "moon sand" today with some flour and baby oil and gave him some tools and he was so happy to play with it. It was a great sensory activity and he thought it was the coolest thing ever that I was letting him have free reign with it. As in it got everywhere and I didn't so much as bat an eyelash. He kept looking over at me with those eyes of astonishment, probably thinking, "when is she going to stop me?" I wont stop you today son, today is a day for mental pictures.
And to end our day my sweet boy and I went to the park again. Tennis ball in tow and enjoyed ourselves a most beautiful sunset. I can feel fall teasing us. I can sense the change that is coming. I like change. The street lights came on which is our cue that it is time to go home. He grabbed his tennis ball and we strolled on home. In the red stroller of course, because that's the one he wanted to ride in.
Makin memories. Takin pictures and makin memories. My mental camera is full of wonderful moments with my little. I love makin memories with him.



2 comments:
You are an awesome mom, Shay -- I look up to you so much!
Beautiful post! Such a handsome little to have so many mental pictures of!
Post a Comment