Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our days are hard if Sawyer doesn't get a nap in. He fights it. He fights it hard. I told him the other day his mom should be fired because I wasn't having supermom patience with the whole scream/thrash around fit throwing that was my son every five minutes.
I went in the other room took a breather, gave myself a baby pep talk, and took my boy in my arms and rocked his screaming self until he finally gave in.



And this was the reward. I love me a sleeping baby. Something about those baby purrs and those sticky cheeks that pull me in!

We have a nightly routine. We say night night to daddy, lyla, and the basketball. We climb upstairs, he turns on the light and helps me close the blinds. Because he's big now. We grab blue blank and he lays his head on my shoulder while we sway back and forth singing twinkle twinkle little star and I am like a star shining brightly. Then he gets in bed with 3 binkies, 2 blankies, 1 stuffed chick, 1 stuffed basketball, and one baby pillow. We say our prayers and turn off the lights. Mommy starts to walk out and turns around for one more kiss. And then the door shuts and my boy falls fast asleep. And I go down and reward myself for the day with some peanut butter.

I love our nightly routine!

No comments: