Thursday, April 26, 2012

This is technically Sawyer's second trip to Disneyland, but it's his first with the Leavitts and it's the first time he can enjoy the rides! I can't even begin to explain the excitement in my heart to watch my baby boy experience this place. And my baby boy proved to be not so baby and a lot of bit toddler.

We started the day off early, we went in an hour before the park actually opened and enjoyed fantasy land and short lines! Sawyer was a little timid during the rides, but would clap after the ride every time.






That lot of bit toddler I was talking about, he wanted to stand in the line- forget about being held!






Did I mention it was a little rainy. I was ok with that. Shorter lines is worth the sacrifice of good hair. He LoVeD the carousel, notice him holding on tight, he knew right what to do! Giddy up!



My matching boys. Black and red are our family's colors if you haven't noticed. Go rebs.



He did good for most of the day, a quick stroller nap helped solve the grumpies!



We ventured to Toon Town today, and my boy was best friends with that mouse we lovingly call Mickey. We walked right up to him and Sawyer got so excited and started jabbering away and wanted to touch his nose. He wouldn't let go of his nose... He even gave it a kiss.






And to top off our lovely day, I was standing in line at the choo choo train and look up to see our good friends lindsay and brad and faye! It's a small world after all. (pun intended).






Sawyer and Faye shared a slobbery kiss. Melt.
We ended our day with a Mickey mouse watch and the parade. I've mentioned before that sawyer loves watches, so we decided that would be his souvenier. That boy was so dog gone excited, worth every penny.






Watching the parade. One thing I have just soaked in this trip is watching Dixon with Sawyer. Those two are best buds, they speak the same language, and I love watching them together.



And we had to get a picture with grandma Carolyn because they were matching.

One day down. Memories were made. I pat myself on the back for taking pictures. And journaling for the day is complete, now I need to soak my feet with some bath salts:)

2 comments:

becky said...

So much fun....love the pics....can't believe he wasn't scared of Mickey! Love ya!

Heather said...

He is so cute shay!!! We need to get together next time you are down here